WHO WE ARE
InnovaTech Law Group® (“ILG”) is a full service business law firm providing legal and strategic advisory counsel to all businesses with a focus on innovative technology companies.
We Are Innovative
Innovation is at the core of what we do. Our collective legal and business knowledge and experience allows us to provide unique and cost effective solutions for our clients allowing them to focus on growing their business.
We Are Experienced
Experience matters. We have represented, founded and grown actual companies. We know what entrepreneurs need in the formation of companies, management of daily operations, revenue generation, profitability and exit.
We Are Responsive
Timing is everything. Our primary objective is to exceed our clients’ expectations in the most time and cost efficient manner possible. We make it our business to know their business so we can respond quickly and effectively with clear advice and guidance.
We believe being Innovative, Experienced, Responsive, and Proven are the key components to supporting the success of our clients. We focus on your legal needs so you can focus with confidence on your core business.
That is our mission.
We look forward to helping you succeed.
Each of us brings a unique and valuable skill set to ILG. While knowledge and experience are fundamental to successful outcomes for our clients, the key to our success and yours is teamwork. We work well together so we can work well for you.
Sanjiv S. Dhawan
Managing Attorney, General Corporate and Business Law
Attorney, General Corporate and Business Law, Litigation
George S. Cole
Attorney, Intellectual Property, Business Law and Litigation
Virender K. Goswami
Attorney, Immigration Law
ILG was founded to meet the unique legal and business needs of entrepreneurs and to exceed their expectations of what a law firm could do for them. After 21 years of law firm and in-house experience and with entrepreneurial experience in multiple startups himself, Managing attorney, Sanjiv Dhawan, decided to …
OUR PRACTICE AREAS
We provide a wide range of legal services that serve the needs of startups to fully mature companies. We tailor our services to maximize our clients’ chances for success. Our areas of practice include General Corporate and Business Law, Intellectual Property Law, Litigation and Dispute Resolution, and Immigration Law.
General Corporate and Business Law
- Formation Documents
- Incorporation filings, First Minutes, Bylaws, EIN and Qualifications
- Founder Stock Purchase Agreements, Capitalization Tables
- Equity Incentive/Stock Option Plans and Agreements
- Establishment and Administration
- Advisory Board Formation and Agreements
- Corporate Governance Matters
- Board and Stockholder Minutes and Consents
- Indemnification Agreements
- Non-Disclosure Agreements
- Securities Law Compliance
- Equity and Debt Financings
- Series Seed, Preferred Stock, and Convertible Notes
- Strategic Partnerships, Joint Ventures, and M&A Transactions
- Employee and Consultant Matters
- Employment Agreements, Employee Manuals, Employee Proprietary Information Agreements, Consulting Agreements
- General Business Agreements
- Vendor and Customer Agreements
- Software Licensing and Evaluation Agreements
- EULAs, Support and Maintenance Terms, Open Source License Compliance
- Website Policies
Litigation and Dispute Resolution
We use litigation decisively only if and when needed. We offer representation in:
- Pre-litigation Investigations
- General Business Litigation
- Employment Litigation
- Strategic Business Planning
- Due Diligence and Litigation Avoidance
- Mediation and Arbitration
- International Commercial Arbitration and Domestic Arbitration
Intellectual Property Law
- Intellectual Property Protection Strategies and Solutions
- H-1, L-1, O-1 and other Employment Visas
- EB-5 & E-2 Investor Visas
- J-1 Training Visas, Labor Certifications
- Employment Based Permanent Residence Applications
We serve as outside General Counsel to many of our clients. We take the time to learn about our clients’ businesses and their people. With that knowledge we can leverage the right internal resources and tap our external network to contribute to more successful outcomes. This collaboration leads to solid and lasting business relationships. We are committed to the long-term viability and protection of our clients’ businesses.
NEWS & RESOURCES
V5 Systems Completes Testing with Safe Skies at San Jose Mineta Airport Fremont, CA, January 25, 2016 --(PR.com)-- V5 Systems’ report is available for distribution to Airport Security Coordinators at US commercial-service airports. V5 Systems, Inc. (“V5”)...read more
The Series C-1 growth round enables ScaleArc to invest in sales and marketing activities to capitalize on the market opportunity for enabling zero downtime in a database environment.read more
Foxlink Group leads Series A investment to expand US and international growth of V5 Systems. V5 Systems, Inc. (“V5”) (www.v5systems.us), a leader in innovating wireless, on edge, intelligent security and Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT) computing solutions...read more
As a rapidly growing firm, we are always looking for talented professionals with the skills, experience, and passion to serve our clients’ legal and business needs and to consistently exceed their expectations. We pride ourselves in providing innovative and cost effective solutions to our clients, and we look for people who share our passion in achieving that mission. We are committed to the growth and development of our attorneys and staff who appreciate the importance of teamwork, and embrace our vision of being a premier business law firm.
We look forward to continued growth, and to building upon our record of accomplishment and excellence in client service. If your interests, vision and passion are consistent with ours, and you would like to inquire about joining our team, please email us, detailing your interest and include your current resume. Email email@example.com or apply below.
current opening posted 1/13/2017
Corporate Transactional Attorney
InnovaTech Law Group is seeking a corporate transactional attorney with 2-4 years of general corporate and finance experience gained in a mid to large sized law firm. The position will be on a contract basis with project based assignments and hourly compensation. Flexible hours and freedom to work from home with no set times (other than as required by client needs) or office attendance required. The attorney should have strong academic credentials from a nationally-ranked law school and must be already admitted to practice in California. The ability to pay close attention to detail, work with other attorneys, legal assistants and clients, and “take ownership” of projects, is essential.
Specific areas of required experience are:
- Delaware and California company formation and capitalization
- Startup and later stage preferred equity and convertible debt financings
- Employee and consultant matters
- Corporate governance matters
- Securities law compliance matters
- Working knowledge of IP matters including experience filing and prosecuting trademarks
Hourly compensation DOE.
Job Type: Contract
Job Location: Santa Clara, CA 95054
Required education: Doctorate
Required experience: Corporate Law: 4 years
Required license or certification: Active California Bar License
If you are an entrepreneur with a vision or have a company on a growth path, we want to hear from you. We offer a free initial 30 minute consultation that will allow us to learn more about your vision and for you to learn how we can help you. Please complete the following form indicating your preference for a phone call or an email response and an ILG team member will contact you shortly.
You can always reach us by phone: